Specific services are focused on six areas:
- Clinical Publications Library;
- Clinical Research Guidance;
- Publication Review, Edit and Translation;
- International Clinical Collaborations;
- Intellectual Property Innovations and Protection;
- Peaceful and Relaxing Refuge .
1.To overcome the difficulty that Chinese doctors have very limited access to current issues of well-known medical journals for clinical research (e.g. many original articles need the use of a foreign credit card to pay expensive fees), the academic salon provides PDF version of over 70 well-known academic journals involving 23 clinical categories to LINKS members. Alternatively, LINKS receives requests for assistance in searching original literature.
2. A good research project or topic is of great importance when doctors conduct clinical research, in other words, only a good topic can turn into a good paper. LINKS academic salon will collaborate with medical R & D units in North America and hire medical professionals such as students to assist registered doctors in screening and evaluating appropriate research projects.
3. To publish a paper in a well-known international medical journal, Chinese doctors often confront the problem of having inappropriate Chinese-English translation. Actually a lot of good papers were rejected merely due to poor translation. In North America, LINKS academic salon hires many Chinese second-generation immigrants majoring in medicine who are proficient in both Chinese and English, and has native English speakers as professional editors and proofreaders. Registered doctors will receive assistance in translating articles to meet the strict requirements by journals.
4. For those famous experts who desire to apply for academicians in China or North America, LINKS academic salon provides research help plans that cover a full range of services including screening and evaluation of research projects, consulting and planning during research, editing and publication of scientific literature, research review liaison and public relations, and promotion of scientific achievement in North America. LINKS ensures independent intellectual property rights and global leadership in intellectual property innovations, facilitating a leap in the hospital's research strength.
5. LINKS academic salon connects Chinese hospitals to North American medical institutions, allowing doctors in North America to subcontract part of their research such as clinical research to Chinese doctors, as well as allowing Chinese doctors to outsource part of their research such as basic animal research to doctors in North America, with the scientific results shared by both sides. Such an extensive exchange will greatly enhance the research environment in hospitals, significantly promote the international reputation of doctors in their particular fields, build a solid foundation for hospitals to host major international academic conferences, and promote a further leap in the hospital's research strength.
6. The most relaxing part of LINKS academic salon services is that registered medical staff are provided with authentic Canadian food and beverages including authentic Canadian coffee, tea, Western-style fast food, snacks, and ice cream. Members can also order original Canadian health food and gifts from LINKS. It is a relaxing and refreshing place to go after intense work.